WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR 2018 – Here are this years deadlines:
Earlybird Deadline: 01 May 2018
Regular Deadline: 01 August 2018
Late Deadline: 01 September 2018
Extended Deadline: 15 September 2018
Notification: no later than: 01 October 2018
Screenings: 16 & 17 November 2018
Please CONTACT us if you would like to be kept updated or notified about next years submission times.
Best Feature (Min. 60 minutes)
Best Web-series (Max. 40 minutes)
Best Fan Film (Max. 60 minutes)
Best Action Short (Max. 40 minutes)
Best Drama Short (Max. 40 minutes)
Outstanding Film Award
Grand Jury Award
SPONSORED CASH AWARDS:-
CERTIFICATED AWARDS will be given for winners in the following categories:
Plus Automatic Acceptance Award to The Dublin Sci-Fi Film Festival 2019
Winners will receive a highly individual BSFF award and along with the Runners-up will receive a BSFF certificate.
- Films submitted must belong to the Sci-fi genre and we are interested in a full range of films from geek interest, documentary, narrative, animation, experimental and fan films.
- YOU MUST submit to the a PRIMARY genre first, before submit to a secondary category. If you submit to the secondary only the submission is void. Please make sure you state which category your secondary submission is in or it will be void.
- Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
- All submissions are preferred as a digital upload/download .MOV or DCP files only please. If you have a Vimeo account make sure it is the best quality you have and that we can download it.
- Make sure you provide at least a POSTER, 2 PRODUCTION STILLS, 150 (approx) OVERVIEW, MAIN CREDITS with Cast name and character.
To help you with your submission have a look at this ARTICLE
- You give the Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest permission to use the film or its trailer and/or any other marketing materials you supply to us for any promotional purposes for the festival. (For more information on data protection and our policy go to https://www.berlinscifi.com/privacy-policy/)
- You give the Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest permission to show your film royalty-free during the festival at the designated venue(s).
- Once a film is officially accepted to the festival, the filmmaker can no longer withdraw it from the festival line-up.
- The filmmaker is responsible for submitting the final screening materials to us at least 21 days before festival begin, otherwise the submission is void.
- You must have all copyright clearances, including music, for all the work you submit to us. Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest has no responsibility for your copyright clearance issues.
- Fan-films are an exception as they are always a homage to existing franchises. We do accept and want Fan-films in the festival.
We know all too well that most filmmakers have to work with a tight budget. Unfortunately however, WE CANNOT WAIVE THE SUBMISSION FEE.
Please Note: that if your film is accepted that we do not provide accommodation or flights for you to attend the festival. You will receive a full festival pass and the opportunity to perform a Question and Answer with the viewing public.